Mercy High School, originally named Our Lady of Mercy Academy, was established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1882. During its early years, Mercy Academy educated children in grades K-12. As the need for a quality, Catholic education grew, so did our schools in the region. Catholic schools were formed in Chico, Redding, and Oroville. In 2017, to ensure a robust future, these school were reorganized as the Northern Valley Catholic Academies.